True Detective Review – TV series
In the past 24 months or so I believe I was literally obsessed with TV series, from Game of the thrones to Breaking Bad, and in between came the blacklist,lie to me and in treatment which has lead me write this true detective review. I think TV series where my favorite interlude for the past year so this will be the first of many reviews.
Sunday evening a very good friend of mine drops me an email. The reason he drops me an email is because he’s not on any social network and his phone doesn’t have an internet connection, one of very few people I know that can still operate his daily life with no dependency on internet.The e-mail reads: you need to watch “true detective”.check this out starting 1:35,http://www.youtube.com/watch?
24 hours later is season 01 episode 01 of True Detective, and right from the opening credits, which I usually skip after the first episode, I was addicted. From that moment onward, you start to understand that with this levels of Music, and depth of the images, along with a mixture of something blurry and scary yet interesting and intriguing,there is no turning back.If your looking for a quick 30 minutes per episode cop show then walk away.If watching the TV series breaking bad was like drinking shots of tequila then true criminal is a bottle of 60 year old wine,and it will force you deep inside the show and even deep inside yourself and it wont let you go,this isn’t your typical money making Hollywood cop show, this is deep, this is intriguing, and defiantly beautiful. And there will be room for your to pause and wonder, and speeches you will rewind to listen to.
The series is rated at 9.3 on IMDB and each episode is 55 minutes, so far they have shot 8 episodes of season 1 and season 2 is expected to premier in 2015 while each season is shot around a different story, surprisingly, even the main lead Matthew McConaughey, who for me made an epic performance of real television art, will be leaving the series. So you don’t really have to worry about eagerly dying for the next season. The first season will give you enough thought for brain, yet leave you in an interesting state of waiting for the unexpected, highly mastered , season 2. Which will have different directors for each episode, I wouldn’t rush to debating that choice, as my expectations remain as high after watching the first season of what looks to be this years master peace.
In the twisted thoughts of this show you will freeze to think, you will pause to consider. and with all the mist that’s in it, you will enjoy every second. If true detective was to be explained in movie names, I would say this is a mixture of Pulp fiction with Hannibal and a little bit of 7 sins.
The dialogue in the movie is rich, and full of thoughts but has a twist of Gothic in it, the music doesn’t fall behind in excellence and if you have shazam, don’t forget to turn it on before the show starts. If you don’t copy the names of the songs from the end of this review, because believe me you will want to listen to them one more time.
True Detective review Score: 97/100 conclusion: this is one the best TV series I have seen this year, while I didn’t rate it at 100 in hopes that season 2 will continue to offer the same level of amazement for its viewers true detective review was as interesting to write as the series was to watch.
Here you will find the full song list of the TV series true detective season 1.
- Young Men Dead – The Black Angels.
- Sign Of Judgment – The Mcintosh Country Shouters.
- Rocks And Gtavel – Bob Dylan.
- Far From Any Road-The Handsome Family.
- Kingdom Of Heaven-The 13th Floor Elevators.
- If I Live Or If I Die-Cuff The Duke.
- Meet Me In The Alleyway-Steve Earle.
- You Better Run To The City Of Refuge-C.J. Johnson.
- Sign Of The Judgement-The Mcintosh County Shouters.
- Train Song-Vashti Bunyan.
- One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer-John Lee Hooker.
- Unfriendly Woman-John Lee Hooker.
- The Staples Singers-Stand By Me.
- Buddy Miller -Does My Ring Burn Your Finger.
- Johnny Horton -I’m A One Woman Man.
- Jo Ell Sonnier -The Heart That You Own.
- Jo Ell Sonnier -Evangeline.
- Bo Diddley-Bring It To Jerome.
- Melvins-The Brain Center At Whipples.
- Blind Uncle Gaspard-Sur Le Borde De L’Eau.
- Lucinda Williams-Are You Alrigh.”
- Slim Harpo-Rainin In My Heart.
- Melvins-History Of Bad Men.
- Primus-American Life.
- Sleep-Holy Mountain.
- Wu-Tang Clan-Clan In Da Front
- Grinderman-Honey Bee (Let’s Fly To Mars)
- Kris Kristofferson-Casey’s Last Ride.
- The Kinks-Tired Of Waiting For You.
- Bosnian Rainbows-Eli
- Waylon Jennings-Waymore’s Blues.
- Bobby Charles-Les Champs Elysee.
- Father John Misty-Everyman Needs A Companion.
- Glenn Gould-Goldberg Variations; BMV 988.
- Emmy Lou Harris-The Good Book.
- Ike And Tina Turner -Too Many Tears In My Eyes.
- Meredith Monk -Core Chant.
- Juice Newton -Angel Of The Morning.
- School Of Seven Bells-Trance Figure.
- Gregg Allman-Floating Bridge.
- Vincent & Mr. Green Ft. Ravenbird-Red Light.
- Black Rebel Motorcyle Club-Fault Line.
- Richard & Linda Thompson-Did She Jump Or Was She Pushed.
- Townes Van Zandt-Lungs.
- The Hat Ft. Father John Misty- The Angry River.
If you have any further opinions or an interesting true detective review, please share them with me – don’t forget to share this page on your social media channels.A true detective review of season 2 will be posted once the season is complete with an updated song list.